Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.1 Corinthians 15:58
This has always been a very motivating verse for us, and continues to be our goal for 2022. We have now completed six years of full-time music/Low German ministry with Multi-Nation Missions Foundation. It has been an amazing six years, with many travels, challenges, rewards, and always the faithfulness of God! We are so thankful to Him for leading us into this work, and providing for our every need. We also thank you, our family, friends, supporters and prayer warriors for the huge part you play in our lives and ministry. We pray God’s richest blessings on you all in the year ahead.
The past three months have again been mostly spent in Manitoba, due to ongoing COVID-19 restrictions. However, we were able to make one trip to La Crete in October, when we met our newest grandbaby, spent a bit of family time and connected with friends and supporters before we participated in a local missions conference. It was so good to be able to sing and share about our work together with Andrew and Deanna. Meeting other missionaries and exchanging stories of how God is working in various parts of the world was so refreshing, and gave us a fresh burst of energy to keep on keeping on, even when restrictions get a bit discouraging at times.
The month of November we spent mostly at home in our offices, pushing hard on our Christmas albums. Although we were unable to get the finished album ready for sale, three of the Low German songs were mixed, mastered, and released on YouTube. The rest of the album will be ready in the new year, as will the English one, Lord willing.
In December, we had the privilege of serving in a different congregation every Sunday! Jason and Mark joined us for these services and Jason preached one of the sermons, doing a great job, and giving Diedrich a bit of a break! The preparation and practice took up much of our time, and in the midst of preparations for Christmas, it made for a busy but fulfilling month!
In between times, we continue with our ongoing projects such as the notated song book, more children’s devotional and activity books, Sunday school curriculum, writing, translating and developing new songs, planning future events, etc.
We have received many invitations, both local and foreign, for the year 2022! But everything is dependent on God’s leading and the restrictions going forward. If restrictions remain as they are, and we are unable to travel, we will keep working hard in our offices, putting out more resources, and serving in our local community.
Fundraising has again been affected by the ongoing restrictions. With concerts and food events being so restricted we are challenged to come with creative but fruitful ideas. We welcome any suggestions you might have!
Hi everyone! I too would like to thank you all for your support and prayers in the past year! I am very grateful to God for leading me into this work, and giving me the opportunity to serve Him in this way!
My time is mostly spent in the offices at home, working on various projects such as children’s activities and coloring books where I create and edit pictures to color, put them together into books, etc. I also spend a lot of time practicing music with the family and recording in the studio. I join my parents and Jason at our local performances, helping with the set up, the singing, and packing up the equipment after the performances. Most of the cleaning of ministry equipment and vehicles is also my responsibility.
One of the new things I hope to work on in 2022 is a son video my brother Jason and I are planning. This projects is just in the planning/prep stage now, but my hope is to start and complete it this coming year. I have also agreed to help Jason with some of his radio work and I am looking forward to learning and working with him on that.
Thanks again for all your prayers and support! May God bless you richly in 2022!
Praise God For
- Good health! (Mark and Nettie each had a mild case of COVID in early November, but recovered without complications!)
- Mark’s baptism in late November. Praise God for His continued transforming work in his life, and in all of us!
- God’s continued provision through the generosity of His faithful people.
- The positive feedback from people all over the world, sharing how the devotions, songs, or Sunday School lessons have blessed and ministered to them.
- A comfortable home, with sufficient space to work and carry on this ministry, even when we are unable to travel.
- Continued energy and inspiration when we can’t interact with people as we usually do, which really helps us keep motivated and excited about our work.
- The many who have lost loved ones during the past year, or who are struggling with health issues, or spiritual bondage.
- That God would direct our songs, stories and written materials to the people who need them, and that they could bear much fruit for His Kingdom.
- Continued funding, and ideas on how to raise funds during these times.
- Continued health in our minds, bodies, and relationships so that we can effectively carry out the responsibilities entrusted to us.